Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Babies Are Growing Up...


The first day of school has come and gone and I survived! That's right - I said me...not the kids, but me.

I often feel that the parents are the one's with more anxieties than the children when it comes to the first day of school. This morning, as it is each year at their school, they gather in the common circle for a celebration prayer. Each child arrives and sits with his/her class (except for Katie). At the end of the morning, Katie finds a friend from school, runs off and finds her classroom all on her own. When I arrived to say "goodbye" she asked "Mom, what are you doing here?" Like I ever left! Somehow, all morning, my nerves of how will she be when I say goodbye were put to rest as I left her smiling and playing with her new friends on the ABC carpet.

As I was driving home, I realized that this school year will be many firsts for our family - for the first time, they will finally all be at the same school; my oldest, Max, will be learning French for the first time; for the first time, my middle son, Jake, will no longer be the youngest at the school; my youngest, Katie, will be going full time to Pre-K and for the first time, I will be in a home alone all day!

Here's to wishing the 2009-2010 school year is a great success! *Clink *Clink

1 comment:

  1. Come visit and follow me too :) Have a great weekend! Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete